Sunday, November 02, 2008

Samantha's Award

Sam finally started pre-school this year. She is going Tuesday and Thursdays and is loving it. After about the first week she decided that she didn't want to go anymore because they made her write her name all by herself, which she didn't know how to do. After practicing at home and school, she has finally mastered her first (only Sam) and last name. She now writes it everywhere, even on places it shouldn't be written. Just like everything that Sam does, as soon as she learns something new and decides she like it, she goes full force and accomplishes great things. She came home one day and told me that she was getting an award. I just thought, sure, we'll see if it really happens. Sure enough. The next day her teacher asked me if she told me she was getting an award that day. Sam got the "Most improved" award at school. Her teacher said that she is learning her sight words (from kindergarten, colors, letter sounds etc.) which totally shocks me. Sam didn't even know 1 letter before August, now she knows several. Way to go Sam. We are all very proud. Sam and Ms. Tina with her award

1 comment:

brooke said...

Hey Stefan, good to see your blog!
Your little family is so cute, and I guess not really so little now. I'm so excited about Baby Boy Boyer coming next month.
Sam sounds like a little wiz kid!
GOod job.
Check out our blog!!