Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I want it DEAD"


I don't know why Chris wanted a boy so bad, because his girls are sure not "girly girls". I don't know too many girls, let alone boys, that love to play with bugs as much as his girls. They all love June Bugs and would love to save them all. I couldn't get them in the house the other night and went outside to find this. You couldn't get me to hold them, but the girls love them. Alex particularly likes, or should I say 'use to like' them. We were on our way to church one Saturday a few months ago for a primary activity and Alex had found a june bug from the previous night on the front patio and wanted to take it to the church with us. I tried to get her to keep it at the house, but she insisted it come with us or it will die. I refused to argue with her at this moment because she is soooo stubborn and I have learned to pick my battles with her. I was waiting to figure out what to do so I told her that she could bring the bug in the car, but it does NOT come into church with her. She agreed and got nicely into the car, bug and all. A few miles later, she started screaming that the bug was cutting her and that she was bleeding. (in reality the bug started to move and poke her and whether it was spitting or pooping, what ever you want to call the brown stuff on her hands). I asked her if she wanted me to roll the window down so that she could let her bug go and she agreed. She then THREW her bug out the window as she was yelling "I WANT IT DEAD". I got a great laugh because the whole reason the bug made it into the car was because it was sure to die if it stayed home so she must bring it with her to save it. So much for that.

No comments: