Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I love my kids!!!

One of the things I love about living in Texas is the wildflowers. It makes me smile as I am driving down the freeway or feeder roads and see such beautiful wild flowers. For the last few years we have started taking family photos in the beautiful state flower, the Blue Bonnets. (Sam informed me of this along with the state bird: the mocking bird, the state 'pet': the armadillo and the state tree: the pecan tree. Wow she is learning so much in pre-school!). We always go with the Torbits so that we can take each other's photos and enjoy the great company. We found a wonderful place this year in Bellville to take some great photos. They have never really turned out very good due to such small kids who do not want their photos taken, but this years are worth printing. I love them. We found a little park a few years ago with a merry-go-round, slides, teeter-totters etc and a nice rock wall/bench perfect for photos. I took advantage of the kids already being dressed for pictures and snapped a few extra at the park. I finally got the pictures that I have been wanting for years. Thanks kids, and Chris, for being so patient with me. I was joking with Chris and Maria that the girls are never going to wear another white dress after they leave this house (other than their wedding dress). I LOVE simple white dresses for photos and probably over do it a little, as most of the photos I have of them are in white dresses. You need a white dress, any size, I am sure I have a few. Enjoy the photos.






6 comments:

Debora said...

Great pictures!!

Jen said...

These are adorable! We need to do this too, but just haven't gotten around to it the past few years. Call and tell me where your location was!

Amy said...

i love white dresses too and want to do those type of pictures someday. They turned out great.

Stephanie said...

I found you! :)
These pics are absolutly beautiful!!! All the kids look adorable!!

Mark and Tammy said...

Holy cow Stef. those turned out excellent you are quite the photographer. I too love white dresses and just had the girl's pictures taken in them last month. They go very well with Black and white photos too. I really am impressed with the pictures and if dental h. ever drives you nuts then you can move on to taking photos. What photo software do you use?
Great, fantastic, marv. job

Kirchner Family said...

Wonderful Pictures! Your family is so sweet!