Monday, November 30, 2009

Memories

I'm sitting in my almost empty house and thinking of all the great memories we had here. Tomorrow night I will be in a new house which we are excited about, but a little bitter sweet. I love my house, the location (walking distance to the school), incredible neighbors with great kids, the playhouse and everything about it. Oh how it was perfect when we moved in 10 1/2 years ago. I was 7 months pregnant with Morgan and we thought we had a ton of room in our huge house. Oh how much time and 4 kids later changes things. All the memories from bringing all 4 babies home to this house, firsts of many things, holidays, home improvement jobs and much more. I'm not one for change, (hence not moving out of the ward or school!!) and changing my safety zone isn't easy. I just have to keep reminding myself about the great new changes, all the room we will have (I can't imagine growing out of this new house!), the great backyard and I know we will have some great new neighbors. The kids are excited about having their own rooms (now we will wait and see if they will actually sleep in them, or sleep together?). Chris and I area also excited to have more room and a place for all to enjoy.
A HUGE thanks to all that helped come help us pack the truck and help with the move. I told Chris that the hardest thing about this move was feeling helpless (especially with him being down with a broken ankle and no family around to help). I knew I couldn't do it alone, but I have a really hard time accepting help. I am a "do it myself" person, but this one I just couldn't do it all by myself. I had to be humbled and accept help. I greatly appreciate the ward 'family' and all you have helped with this past few weeks. Thanks so all who helped during Chris's ankle issue. It's amazing having family away from family. The Gospel and the Church (especially our ward) is incredible. How we love you all.

I know we will survive the next few weeks, it is just going to be a long road, but we will be making new memories.


4 comments:

The Higbees said...

Wow that really would be tough leaving a house where you've had all your kids grow, even if the new place will be great!! Good luck with the move, you'll make some great memories at the new home too!!

Holly said...

Hey, you finally updated your blog! Lots to read about, but good stuff. I even felt sad about leaving my house and I had only been there 6 years! But when so much happens in those years it is hard to let go. But, you will have many happy memories in your new home. I am so happy for all of you!

Amy said...

I am so excited to see your new house. It makes me sad we are leaving now that you are closer to Maria when we could do lots more together. you are a great person and I will wish seeing you when we visit the torbits and camping for spring break. Hopefully we have a couple visits left before we leave Texas.

Heather said...

Congrats on getting into a bigger house! My kids still end up in the same room/bed more often then not. It's so funny how they are so eager to get their own rooms then end up together anyway. Our last two moves I was good and pregnant so I totally understand having to accept help. It gives others the chance to serve though so it's all good. I can't wait to see pictures of the new house! Can you not take the playhouse with you?