Monday, May 25, 2009

Toothless Sam

My dear Sam had a run in with Alex today. They were at a friend's house and the next thing I know they were coming out of the house and Sam had a tissue to her mouth and Alex was holding her head. Alex got the better deal, her head was just slightly red. Sam on the other hand had knocked her 2 front teeth loose, almost out. Being the hygienist mom, I knew right away that we were going to lose them. She couldn't close her mouth or talk due to the 2 front teeth. Thank goodness she has a great Dentist (Dr Griffith on Fry and Westhiemer Parkway, strongly recommend to all) who met us up at the office to take a look at her. Even for being a Sunday afternoon, they were there within 45 minutes of me calling them, very impressed. They worked their magic tricks on Sam and she enjoyed her trip to the dentist, even if it meant getting the front 2 teeth pulled. Sorry for the up close pictures, but that is kind of what I like!! It's a good thing that she is a little ahead of schedule when it comes to teeth. Maybe she will have her 2 front teeth for Christmas!!!
Sam after the dentist. All smiles and feeling much better. I offered her $5.00 for her teeth compared to the $2.00 that the tooth fairy would leave for her, but she opted for the tooth fairy. Her first lost tooth, she was pretty excited. 2 for the price of 1. Unfortunately the tooth fairy couldn't find her teeth that she said she put under her pillow, but still left money. I have a feeling that in the morning, she is going to hit me up for the other $5.00 to buy her teeth from her. I guess she deserves it plus more for being such a brave girl. I don't know many kids who enjoy going to the dentist for cleanings, let alone extractions! She now has a real reason to eat ice cream for breakfast. She better enjoy it now, because it will not last long.


3 comments:

stacey @ tree, root, and twig said...

Okay, this post should have come with a disclaimer for those of us with weak tummies! :) I cannot even look at my OWN kids when they wiggle their loose teeth around. Of all the icky things a mommy has to deal with, for some reason teeth are my major downfall. :) I'm glad she was so brave and that everything worked out ok! I always think it's the cutest thing when both front teeth are out together. It's that "classic" little kid look.

Stephanie said...

Oh wow..way to be a brave girl! I have a feeling Landon wouldnt have done so good! ;)
We go to Dr Griffith too!!! We love it there!!

Amy said...

poor girl the bruising looks painful!